Insider's Tourist Guide To Antwerp Belgium
Antwerp Tourist Guide is looking forward to welcoming Toastmasters for the Continental European public speaking championship on May 10, 11 and 12.
Find out more about the District 59 Spring Conference
This website is written by a husband and wife team who live in Belgium and who want to share their passion for it with you.
When you are planning a trip there is no substitute for local knowledge. I'm a local and I know all there is to know about my home town, Antwerp Belgium. But after a while even the most knowledgeable, locals may not appreciate all the great things right in front of them. This is where my wife's perspective comes in handy. Amanda is a Canadian and has moved to Belgium about 8 years ago.
She loves to discover all the attractions Belgium has to offer and share them on our website.
Find out about Belgian Culture and the most known belgian inventions like Belgium Chocolate, Belgium Beer and all about Belgian Waffles.
Visit the Capital of Belgium - and checkout the top things to do and see in Brussels the city of food, café culture, Art Nouveau and the surreal.
Let our seasoned traveler and local expert team provide impartial and up-to-date information for the next time you plan to visit Antwerp. We do research and collect comments and revues of all the best places to Eat, Drink, and top things to do and see in Antwerp.
Choose a hotel to suit any budget or go for one of the Designer Bed and Breakfast that have taken off in recent times as locals convert homes into cutting-edge accommodation to keep abreast with the Antwerp's image.
If you have more time check out other famous Belgium cities like:
Bruges - Belgium's most popular destination and one of Western Europe's most visited medieval cities.
Waterloo - Belgium's main tourist attraction, with hundreds of thousands visitors coming each year to look over the plains from the Lion of Waterloo.
Why visit Antwerp Belgium?
It has a sophisticated charm and a metropolitan feel but predominant seaside resort flair. A plethora of patios, the yacht harbor and the river Scheldt make even the locals feel like they are on vacation here!
It is a stylish European city filled with the monuments of a wealthy medieval and Renaissance period. It is the the fashion capital and the Diamond Center of the World.
Culture vultures, fashionistas, romantics, foodies – There is something for everyone. Antwerp is dotted with Diamonds, Excellent dining venues, superb museums and galleries, antiques, fashion, shops, Parks and Gardens.
Day trip? Short break? Longer stay?
Whether you’re a first time visitor to Antwerp and need some basic information on Antwerp Tourism to get your bearing or you have been here before and are looking for new places to discover – let us be your guide to Restaurants, Hotels, Museums, Attractions, Shopping, Culture and more.
Quick Antwerp Belgium Facts:
Where is Antwerp
How to get to Antwerp and Cheap Travel
Traveling with Kids
Unique Belgium attractions in Antwerp.
Things to do and see around Antwerp
Check out our new Romantic Vacations & Destinations website for everything from Eco-vacations in Costa Rica to active or restful european vacations, romantic honeymoon spots and best destination wedding locations.
If you are hesitating whether to put Antwerp Belgium, on your itinerary please check out our website and Picture Gallery to see what our city has to offer. It was designed for easy browsing so that you can get the most out of your trip.
- Antwerp Belgium Blog
- Antwerp Blog keeps you informed about all the new topics, pages and what new is happening on the antwerp-tourist-guide.com website. Subscribe here.
- Belgium culture
- Belgium culture through Art, Music, Comics, Beer and Food
- Frequently asked questions about Antwerp
- Quick facts and frequently asked questions
- Belgium Business and Organizations
- Visiting Antwerp and looking for english speaking events, local belgium business and services -- here are some we tried out ourselves and recommend highly
- Accommodation and Hotels in Antwerp
- Accommodation Hotels in Antwerp: Bed and breakfast, Camping, apartments - Or pick the perfect hotel to match your budget and allow you time to explore Antwerp.
- Antwerp Belgium bed breakfast
- Looking for a B&B in Antwerp? Check out top 10 designer Belgium bed breakfast and many other charming and affordable bed and breakfast options around Antwerp and Flanders
- budget antwerp belgium hotel
- Budget Antwerp Belgium hotel
- Hotels in Bruges Belgium
- Hotels in Bruges Belgium in general, because of the nature of the city, tend to be charming, small and family-run. Here are the top rated hotels and Bed and Breakfasts in Bruge
- Real estate in Belgium
- Real estate in Belgium
- Belgium Transportation
- There are a lot of options when it comes to Belgium transportation. Keep reading to find out how to travel by air, rail, roads and water to and around Belgium.
- Car rental in Belgium
- If you plan to travel outside Belgium’s cities and explore surrounding areas like the Ardennes, Knokke and the Belgian Coast you will find that car rental in Belgium is the best way to travel.
- Places to visit in Belgium
- Planning travel to Antwerp and are wondering what other places to visit in belgium? Or where you can fit it into your travel itinerary?
- Belgium and Western Europe Travel
- Weekend getaways from Belgium and western europe travel. Places to to travel to from Belgium... flights to london, trains to amsterdam and paris
- Belgium Chocolate
- Why is Belgium Chocolate the most famous chocolate in the world? Godiva, Leonidas, Neuhaus, Marcolini, Galler, Cote d'or
- Belgium food
- What do locals eat? Why is Belgium food and gastronomy so famous? It's the excellent ingredients and creative recipes.
- Belgium waffle recipe
- The Belgium waffle recipe collection - directions, ingredients and toppings. Recipes for all types of Belgium waffles: Brussels and Liege waffles - crispy outside /soft and moist inside.
- Belgium Beer
- In Belgium Beer is the most varied, numerous and high-quality in the world. Here is what you need to know...
- Belgian Dogs
- The belgian dogs, shephards, bouviers and others
- Belgium horse
- The Belgium horse is the strongest in the world. A history as working horse but now mostly used for parades and shows.
- All About Antwerp diamonds
- Antwerp diamonds have international fame. Some 85% of the world's rough diamonds, 50% of cut diamonds, and 40% of industrial diamonds are traded here annually.
- Antwerp Shopping
- A guide to Antwerp shopping: From markets and malls to brand boutiques, antiques and ethnic specialities.
- Belgian Politics
- Belgian politics, elections, parties
- Antwerp for Kids
- Fun things to do with your kids in Antwerp.This family oriented section of the Antwerp travel guide will help you get the most out of your visit.
- tourist attractions in Belgium
- Here you will find details and insiders information about the Top 10 tourist attractions in Belgium
- Things to do
- Things to do in Antwerp Belgium. You won’t be able to complain about a shortage of attractions, sights, walks and tours.
- Landmarks and Architecture
- For such a small country Belgium is endowed with numerous architecture delights.
- Antwerp Museums
- Antwerp Museums are the highlight of any visit. They offer a wide spectrum of art catering to all tastes. From classics to cutting edge examples of artistic expression.
- Antwerp Park and Gardens
- There are many appealing parks and gardens in Antwerp. Here is the park and garden list and details.
- Antwerp nightlife
- A guide to Antwerp nightlife, bars, pubs, lounges, live music venues, comedy clubs and more.
- Antwerp Restaurants Guide
- Reviews of Top Restaurants in Antwerp by a Certified Chef. Included: off the tourist trail local gems ...
- Antwerp District
- Antwerp is composed of several distinct areas. Here you will find the description of each District.
- Antwerp Events
- Antwerp Events: things to do in Antwerp for Christmas and New Year.
- Antwerp Belgium News
- Antwerp & Belgium in the News. Add your own news and events.
- Antwerp tourism information
- Basic Antwerp tourism information containing all you should know when planing to visit Antwerp and FREE audio tour.
- Tour Belgium
- Tour Belgium - Order FREE BROCHURES directly from the suppliers in this list! You can also contact the suppliers to ask a question or inquiry about availability.
- how to build a website
- how to build a website? How can I make money online? What do I have to do to quit my day job?
- Pictures of Antwerp
- If you are hesitating whether to put Antwerp Belgium, on your itinerary please check out our website and Picture Gallery to see what our city has to offer.
- Cheap Travel in Belgium
- Getting to Antwerp by Land, Air and Water: Cheap Travel and directions for arrival by Car, Train, Bus, Plane and Ship.
- All about The Waffle
- A page about the Waffle: recipes, irons, makers, mixes and where do waffles come from.
- Modes of Transportation
- There are several modes of transportation in Antwerp: by public transport, bike, car, taxi and on foot ... here are the all the details you will need.
- Previously Michelin Star restaurant
- The 2 Michelin Star restaurant Sir Anthony van Dyck Chef and owner had enough of Red Guide's rigid regulations and gave away his 2 Michelin stars.
- Antwerp Belgium History
- A brief Belgium history focusing on Antwerp. An ensemble of facts and legends.
- World War 2
- Here is the History of Belgium and Antwerp during World War 2
- World War One
- The area of Ypres was during 4 years from 1914 until 1918 the battle field in the big war also known as World War One.
- Antwerp Belgium Sitemap - Find It Here!
- This Sitemap displays links to many pages of antwerp-tourist-guide.com for you convenience and information.
- Antwerp Guide Newsletter
- Stay in touch and subscribe to the Antwerp Tourist Guide Newsletter.
- Travel Guides
- Here we offer links to other World Travel Guides and resources on the web related to travel.
- Toastmasters in Antwerp
- Antwerp gets its own Toastmasters club: a Non-profit organization developing public speaking and leadership skills through practice and feedback since 1924.
- Antwerp Bunker Museum
- For some time the headquarters of the German 89th Army Corps was situated in the Nachtegalen park of Wilrijk. Now the bunker has become a museum.
- Capital of Belgium
- Basic facts and tourist info about Brussels, the capital of Belgium, and the administrative centre of the European Union - the city of food, café culture, Art Nouveau and the surreal.
- Brunch & Lunch
- Where can you go for Lunch or Brunch in Antwerp? Here are a couple of suggestions along with what you can expect to find on the typical Belgian menu.
- Attractions in Belgium : Antwerp
- Top Attractions in Belgium 's city of Antwerp
- Belgium holidays
- There are 12 official Belgium holidays. Here is the list of Public Holidays for 2008..
- History of Belgium
- History of Belgium: from 500 000 years ago to the Roman Empire
- Best Bed and Breakfast - Antwerp Top 10
- Description and contact information for designer bed and breakfast and classical boutique hotels and b&b in Antwerp Belgium.
- Budget lodging in Antwerp
- Budget lodging options in Antwerp Belgium. Description, reviews and contact information.
- Camping and Trailers in Antwerp
- There are 3 Camping sites in and around Antwerp Belgium. Here you will find description and coordinates.
- Advertise with Antwerp Tourist Guide
- Advertise your product or service with us and reach a very targeted audience.
- Top things to do and see in Brussels Belgium
- Our Shop
- Belgium souvenirs, t-shirts, mugs, stickers ...
- cheap hotel Amsterdam
- Find hotel in Amsterdam to fit any budget from luxury to cheap hotel Amsterdam for a weekend getaway or longer stay
- London tourism & Flights to London
- These days London tourism is close enough for a weekend or day trip. Here you will find information about London tourism, attractions & Flights to London
- Belgium Trains
- belgium trains discouns and tours - Belgium is at the Crossroads of Europe - its location, between France, Germany and the Netherlands guarantees numerous train travel opportunities from cities like A
- Dog of Flanders
- The full story of the Dog of Flanders, visit the place where according to the book nello and patrash were buried together and the bench in front of the cathedral of Antwerp that honors the story
- Car rental in Antwerp
- If you plan to travel outside of the city and explore surrounding areas you will find this Car rental in Antwerp information most useful, including the details Major antwerp car rental companies.
- Belgian Recipes for Mussels
- Belgian Recipes for Mussels with garlic, wine sauce or natural. Mussels are a typical belgian food - visit a good restaurant or follow our recipe to prepare your own.
- Traditional Belgian Recipes for Eel in green
- The Traditional Belgian Recipes for eel is a typical Antwerpian dish. Here you will find cooking instructions and needed ingredients.
- Belga Bed and Breakfast
- elga Bed and Breakfast is a newly renovated gem located in the heart of the city. It is literally the closest Bed and Breakfast located to the newly renovated central station.
- Top Belgium Attractions in Central Antwerp
- A list of things to do and see in the center of Antwerp. Some of the top Belgium Attractions are right in the center of Antwerp within easy access from the train and public transport
- belgian groenendael
- belgian groenendael
- belgian shepherd malinois
- belgian shepherd malinois
- universities in belgium
- universities in belgium
- Belgian Elections
- Belgian Elections in 2010. Two generals took power!
- Leuven history
- Leuven history
- Hotel Antwerp
- Visiting our city and looking for a good start hotel Antwerp or budget accommodation? There are several Antwerp hotels or Hotels Antwerpen to choose from